Help, learn, gain experiences and friends at Mad Pride Toronto 2016!
Can you spare 2-3 hours during Mad Pride? Consider volunteering. Help make this Mad Pride the biggest and craziest yet!
In order to pull off our schedule of events, we require the community to pitch in and help! We are looking for people to take on specific roles/tasks for specific blocks of time. These include:
- sell t-shirts
- hang up posters around the city
- hang up/take down event-specific signs to direct traffic
- note-takers for workshops
- attendant care – general
- attendant care – people who have previous attendant care experience/training
- ASL interpreters
- real-time captioning
- guides (help people get around, know where to go)
- friendly faces to welcome people
- run the technology (sound system, PowerPoint)
- prepare and serve food (filling water jugs, preparing snack plates)
- heavy lifters for set-up/tear down/moving tables and chairs
- marshals for the Bed Push Parade
We will sign for high school volunteer hours.
Not available during Mad Pride week, but can help the week before? Can you help us write descriptions of visual art pieces or produce large print versions of documents? Email email@example.com