“What does it take to free our selves of what or who others would have us be?”
- Friday July 15th 2016 from 7:00 to 11:00
- @ Imperial Pub (54 Dundas St. E., Toronto).
More information from The-Rebellion.ca about MADx
What does it take to free ourselves of who/what others would have us be?
It’s a Friday night, eh?
This is a rebellion. I rebel, eh?
Multiple performers, many voices and including…
Poetry | Spoken Word | Rant | Stand-up | Sketch | Song | Dance | etc.
Open Call for rebels/ performers
We invite you to join the rebellion and submit your proposal to be one of our performers.
To apply to become a rebel-performer please complete the online submission form here…
Guidelines for rebels/ performers
We welcome performers who…
- rebel against perceptions, not undermine protections
- challenge stereotypes, and narrow perspectives, push boundaries and are not afraid of the dark.
- can speak to their own struggle to live in this world, to be who they are and who they need to be.
- are finding their voice, choosing their words and naming their world on their terms
- respect and uphold the rights of each of us to do likewise
- willing to help create and hold space so that each of us can be who we are and to feel we can include ourselves in the fun.
The stage ain’t huge – four or five bodies is about the limit.
Equipment – one or two mics will be provided. If you need any more gear than than then you’ll need bring you own, bear in mind you’ll have a minute or two to set up.
Click this link for a fuller description, printable pdf file.
Who are we?
Canada grew out of rebellion, a whole bunch of them – people throwing off the ideas others had about who to be and how to live; walking out and walking on – deciding for themselves, and together.
We’re carrying on that tradition.
The Rebellion.ca is a collective of individuals who are interested in co-creating a world in which we can each be who we are – free of others’ ideas about who or what they wish we would be.
And we’re interested in doing what we can do today.