Affiliated Websites & Allies
- The Consumer/Survivor Resource Centre. http://www.csinfo.ca/bulletin.php
- The Empowerment Council. http://www.empowermentcouncil.ca (Lucy Costa)
- The Icarus Project. http://theicarusproject.net
- Recovery Network: Toronto. www.recoverynet.ca (Kevin Healey)
- The Secret Handshake (Peer Support). http://www.thesecrethandshake.ca
Want to Know More?
Learning Resources & Suggested Reading
- “Introducing Mad People’s History” by David Reville:
- “The Myth of ‘Normal’” by Dr. Gabor Maté:
- “Presenting the consumer/survivor/ex-patient Movement” by David Reville:
- “Sanism” by Jennifer Poole:
- Toxic Culture by Dr. Gabor Maté:
- “Why Mental Health is Political” by Shon Faye:
Suggested Further Reading
- ‘Mad in America: Bad Science, Bad Medicine, and the Enduring Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill’ by Robert Whitaker, 2001.
- Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason, by Michel Foucault, 1964.
- Moving Beyond Prozac, DSM, and the New Psychiatry: The Birth of Postpsychiatry by Bradley Lewis, 2006.
- The Myth of Mental Illness: Foundations of a Theory of Personal Conduct by Thomas Szasz, 1961.